And just like that I’m back home in Santa Barbara! After multiple back-to-back trips (I hope you came along with on Instagram) across the country and even out of the country, I’ve been on the go almost my entire summer. Don’t get me wrong, traveling is such an incredible opportunity, and I’m so thankful I was able to do it, however, it’s always challenging to eat healthy and workout while away from home. I’m no expert, but I definitely have figured out what works for me so today I want to share my tips with you…
CLICK TO SHOP THE POST:
CLICK TO SHOP THE POST:
One of my recent trips was in LA for the Propel Local Co:Labs event. After driving a couple hours to attend the extra sweaty (and amazing) Playlist Yoga class, I understood how important it is to follow ALL of the tips I’m about to share!
So whether you have an upcoming end of the summer vacation planned, or you’re looking forward to a weekend getaway trip, these are my top 5 tips will help you stay healthy and fit while you’re on the go, trust me:
- Stay hydrated: I love to drink Propel water because it replenishes what your body loses in sweat. They have so many delicious flavored waters that are actually really good for you! In my experience, I’ve felt 100% better if I drink the electrolyte water during and after a good workout. I also always try and carry a water bottle with me through the airport and on the flight. The one small cup of water on the plane usually doesn’t cut it 😉
- Bring healthy snacks: Typically airport food and road food isn’t the healthiest and best for you which is why I bring a gallon ziplock bag filled with my favorite snacks and treats for traveling. I love these bars because they have very high protein (20 g) and very low sugar (1 g) which means they keep you fuller longer. I also love bringing a couple apples with these squeeze pouches of almond butter.
- Try something new: I love my usual spin, HIIT, yoga, and body pump classes, so being away from those means I have to step out of my comfort zone. This is one of the reasons I loved attending the Propel Co:Labs event: I was able to try new workouts that I don’t typically try on the regular. And guess what? I ended up loving them!
- Pack workout clothes: This sounds so simple, but it’s a good one to remember. Pack your workout clothes and shoes because sometimes getting ready for the workout is half the battle.
- Everything in moderation: This is one of my favorite sayings in life. Everything in balance and you’ll be ok. I try to only do one “cheat meal” each day while I’m traveling. For example, if I want to splurge and have a donut with my coffee in the morning, I will. I’ll just eat chicken salads and fish/veggies for dinner. Or if I want to splurge on the chocolate lava cake after dinner, I will, and just try not to splurge the whole day.
Thanks for reading all my tips for staying fit and healthy while traveling and on the go! If you have any more that you’ve learned from experience, I’d love to hear 🙂
P.S. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog post talking alllll about my most recent trip to Cabo, Mexico!!!