Happy 1st Day of Summer from sunny Santa Barbara, CA …
I don’t even know where to begin sharing how amazing this little town of mine that’s nestled between the beach and mountains. If you’ve visited the palm tree lined streets and seen the Spanish-style architecture with unique tiles that line all staircases, then you know the perfect little town I’m describing. If you haven’t visited before, it’s time to play tourist (what are you waiting for?!). Today’s post kicks off the first of my four part series of me playing tour guide and sharing the best of the best in my Santa Barbara City Guide!
Santa Barbara is my home, and it really is where my heart is. Born and raised, and currently where I reside, I feel so thankful to be able to enjoy 70 degree weather year round while taking advantage of all the fun activities, sights to see, and places to eat and drink (always with a killer view)! Today’s post will cover what to do, Part 1, along the coast, and tomorrow’s post, Part 2, will include what to do in the city.
Let’s begin our tour…
Some of my favorite activities in Santa Barbara take place along the beach, so I figured that would be a perfect place to start!
SHORTS: Rip Curl // TANK: Madewell // SHOES: DSW // SUNGLASSES: DIFF Eyewear (get yours using code TOREYDIFF for a discount at checkout!) // BAG: Amazon // TASSEL CHARM: Sayeh // BRACELETS: J.Crew Factory, J. Crew Factory // NECKLACE: Tiffany & Co. (identical dupe here)
Santa Barbara Harbor: A fisherman, explorer, and seafood connoisseur’s heaven.
- You can rent kayaks, stand up paddle boards, surfboards, and even sailboats for a reasonable hourly rate.
- Get out on the water is to hop on the Lil Toot boat to cruise around the harbor, or better yet, take a sunset cruise on the Double Dolphin catamaran.
Santa Barbara Boardwalk: This will take you alongside the sand on a paved path from the Harbor, past the Wharf, and continue towards the Zoo, 2 miles away.
- Rent surrey bikes which is fun for the whole family (see photo below), cruiser bikes, or scooters
- Take a long walk/run and stop to see the skateboarders catching air at the skate park. Once you reach the end of the path, you can spend a day at the Santa Barbara Zoo.
- Hop on “The Landshark” tour! An hour long drive on a giant open-air vehicle, that will also drive seamlessly into the ocean for a cruise!
Santa Barbara Stearns Wharf: A place for ice cream, wine, and perfect city views.
- Catch a whale-watching cruise from here. You’ll be guaranteed to see pods of dolphins gliding through the ocean.
- There are a couple great food + drink spots here, but stay tuned for the Santa Barbara Summer Series: Where to Eat + Drink post 😉
That’s all for Part 1… Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about activities on your upcoming trip! I’d love to help you plan! 🙂
See you back here for Part 2 of my Santa Barbara Summer Series City Guide tomorrow! There’s some more GREAT activities to do with your girlfriends on a bachelorette trip, or even with your family on a weekend getaway! Stay tuned and hope to be your tour guide around Santa Barbara!