CLICK TO SHOP THE POST:
Does it feel like Fall where you are?! I’m talking crisp mornings, short days, and beautifully colored leaves? Santa Barbara has been so unusually warm right now! Believe it or not, I actually spent part of the weekend with my boyfriend in our bathing suits at the beach! WHAT?! As warm as it’s been, the sunshine won’t hold me back from wearing my OTK (over the knee) boots while I check off my Fall Bucket List…
Visit the pumpkin patch (did this already!):This is a definite must for Fall! My boyfriend and I visited Lane Farms in Santa Barbara this weekend which is located on a large piece of land with a corn maze, pumpkins growing on the vine, tractor rides, and farm animals. It was so fun and so adorable to see all the excitement from the little kiddos running around!
- Decorate for Fall: Also another must to get you in the spirit (which means I need to star this asap). I’m a huge fan of all the white pumpkins out there and plan on using a bunch of these to decorate! Included in this category is lighting some Fall scented candles while around the house. The 3-wick season candles from Bath and Body Works hese are my favorite!
- Bake Fall treats: My mom has this recipe called “Ghost Cookies” that are SO GOOD! We had them every year as a kid growing up and I still remember them, which means it’s time to bust out the recipe. They’re essentially pumpkin cookies in a blob shape, with vanilla frosting to emulate what a ghost looks like.
- Update your Fall wardrobe: It’s time to start gearing up for sweater weather with cozy scarves, leggings, cardigans, flannels, and boots! After spending last weekend cleaning out my closet, I’m ready to fill it up with more comfortable and cozy clothes for the cooler months.
- Leaf crunching: Scope out the coolest colored leaves in your neighborhood, go take some photos, and then crunch away! The red, orange, and yellow colorful leaves are far and few between in Santa Barbara, but when I find them it makes me so happy 🙂
- Turn up the AC, watch a scary movie, and cuddle: It doesn’t quite get cold enough here in Santa Barbara, so I may need to take matters into my own hands just to get cozy 😉 Add some yummy dessert, like ghost cookies, and this sounds like my ideal night in.
- Send thankful cards to friends and family: This is something that’s a lost art these days, however, I still LOVE sending and receiving snail mail. I surprise my boyfriend a lot with some cute cards in the mail to let him know I’m thinking of him. I hope these handwritten thankful cards will make someone’s day and remind them that they are loved and special.
- Plan a mini getaway: I love vacations and love making memories. During the Fall is the perfect time to escape reality for a weekend and enjoy the company and scenery with someone special. I need to start brainstorming locations for my boyfriend and I to adventure to!
What’s on YOUR Fall bucket list!? I’d love to hear some more great ideas!