This trapeze tunic dress is the perfect transitional dress from summer to fall, especially with the added booties! It’s great for running around during the daytime, and ending up at dinner or happy hour that evening! I just love the details of the sheer lace inset that is just noticeable in the beautiful pattern, and also the ruffled hem at the bottom of the dress.
If you read my Summer Bucket List, you know that #5 was to take more sunset walks to the beach (since it’s only a few blocks away). I took full advantage of the warm weather the other night and not only made it to the beach, but made it to the beach for sunset, AND made it for a quick workout! I encourage you to get outside and take in as much fresh air as you possibly can a couple evenings a week! It is the best feeling that clears your mind and refreshes your body. I promise sacrificing 30 minutes in the evening will be worth it for YOU!
Below is Part 1, upper body, of the four part Workout Wednesday series. An outdoor workout will not only be challenging (because you’re using all body weight) but it will be rewarding in the end…let the games begin!
- Park Bench Push Ups: Find a stable park bench and take a few steps backwards so your body forms a diagonal (45 degree angle with the ground). With your arms on the bench, begin your push ups. Repeat for 20 reps.
- Tricep Dips: Sit with your bottom just barely touching the bench behind you, feet in front of you at a 90 degree angle touching the ground, and arms behind you on the bench. Dip down so your bottom comes past the bench, right where your waist hits. Repeat for 20 reps. Shapes your biceps, triceps, and abs!
- Monkey Bar Pull Ups: Grab ahold of the bar above you, with your full body weight dangling. Start with an overhand grip (3-5 reps) and then an underhand grip (3-5 reps). If you’re a beginner, just hang from the bar (30 seconds) and repeat to build up muscle. Strengthens upper back, shoulders, and biceps!
- Push Ups: Your body should be parallel to the ground, arms shoulder width apart, right below your shoulders, and feet are up on toes. Repeat for 15 reps, and then 15 reps on your knees. Strengthens upper back, shoulders, and abs!
- Burpees: With feet hip width apart, lower into a squat position with hands in front of you on the ground. Kick your legs backwards into a push up position and lower your chest to the floor. Push your chest back up, stand up on your feet, and jump in the air reaching up to the sky. (Repeat 10 reps). Full body strengthening!
REPEAT 3 TIMES, THEN YOU’RE DONE…woohoo jump for joy 🙂
Chambray Dress: Ideel (1/2 off right now, less than $50!) // Sunglasses: Karen Walker // Tote: Nordstrom // Sandals: Steve Madden (old but similar here) // Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelet: Tasha // Rings: H&M
I love this chambray dress for the end of summer as we’re easing into fall! As you know, I’m all about recycling clothes in my wardrobe and re-styling them again which is why I believe it’s important to buy staple pieces that are versatile and can be worn essentially any season of the year! As fall approaches, I’m sure you’ll see this dress again…I think it would be so cute with a fur vest thrown on top and some booties to match! I hope you had a great weekend 🙂
Shorts: LF // Swing Tank: Free People // Hat: Forever 21 // Sandals: Steve Madden (old but similar here) // Sunglasses: Karen Walker // Necklace: Tiffany&Co. // Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelets: K&R + LoveStones // Ring: H&M
A couple weeks ago I went with my mom (or “sister” as she calls us when people ask if we’re related) and some family members to Happy Canyon Vineyard. The overall experience was a m a z i n g to say the least! Our guide took us throughout the vineyard where we took many pictures and tasted some Merlot grapes while admiring the view of the beautiful canyon below us. He then took us to the private house on property which seemed like it was straight out of Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn that had a circular pool that I was tempted to take a dip in. We tasted a few of our favorite red + white wines and snacked on the spread of various cheese, crackers, and nuts. We were fortunate enough to then go through the stables where world renowned polo horses were being taken care of. What made the experience so incredible was the knowledge and personable guide that taught us so much and made us feel so comfortable. What a one-of-a kind adventurous day at Happy Canyon!