LEGGINGS: Alo (come in tons of other colors here) // TANK: Gap Fit (under $15, 40% off now + comes in 5 colors) // SPORTS BRA: Lululemon // WATER BOTTLE: Swell // YOGA MAT: Lululemon // SANDALS: Havaiana
If you workout consistently and frequently you deserve a high five (and maybe even a cookie to reward yourself) in my book! However, the more you workout, the more important it is to switch up your workout routine. It’s especially important to switch things up at the gym if you are starting to get bored or you’re beginning to consider working out a chore!
If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know that fitness and health is a top priority in my life. I understand that everyone’s lifestyle, routines, athletic abilities, and priorities may be different, so this is just what works for me. The key to success for you, is finding what works.
With that being said, I’ve built working out into my routine, and to be honest, don’t know what I would do without it! So as contradictory as this might sound, the more you stay consistent, the more you need to switch things up. For example, my weekly work outs typically look something like this:
- Monday: Spin Class + Abs
- Tuesday: Body Pump (strength training) + Abs
- Wednesday: HIIT Class (strength training + cardio)
- Thursday: Hot Yoga Sculpt (hot yoga + weights)
- Friday: Spin Class + Abs
- Saturday: HIIT Class (strength training + cardio)
- Sunday: Hot Yoga Sculpt (hot yoga + weights)
As you can see from my weekly workout schedule, I switch it up every day. This allows me to maximize the results that I want to see and also keeps working out engaging and fun! I’ve recently been adding in some BBG workouts which I’ve been loving 🙂 If you’re stuck in a rut or are looking for some new ideas, there’s so many fun ways to get in shape and stay in shape:
- Groupon: Look under the fitness tab and you can try different gyms and classes for a fraction of the normal price. This is an awesome way to try out a variety of workouts in your area and then stick with what works!
- Youtube: If you’re looking to get in shape, but don’t want to pay the price, there are some awesome workout videos you can do from the comfort of your home (I love looking at Love Sweat Fitness videos!) Just “search” for the specific workout you want: ex. ab workout. Keep in mind, this takes a lot of self discipline to make yourself workout at home!
- BBG (Kayla Itsines) workout and Tone It Up (Karena and Katrina): These women are amazing motivators, and inspiration in the health and fitness world! They’ve both built an incredible community of strong like-minded women who want to live a healthy lifestyle. I highly recommend checking them out on Instagram too!
What is your favorite way to workout!? I’d love to hear from you 🙂