The month of December might just be one of my favorites! Not only is everyone in the Christmas spirit, but there are lights and festive decorations everywhere and music that brings others holiday cheer. Some of the things that make this time of year so special are the gift of giving (helllloooo 12 Day of Christmas Giveaways) which I love to do, and the fun holiday traditions that I love looking forward to 🙂 Some of these traditions I have adopted from my childhood, some I have adopted from growing up and begun with my boyfriend, and I know as the years go on, we will adopt more fun traditions to love together!
PSA: I hope you’ll take a minute to enter the GRAND FINALE of the 12th DAY OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY at the bottom of today’s blog post because it’s one you don’t want to miss! Trust me on this one!!! Get ready to pack your bags ladies and gentleman………….….
Click the image below to shop my outfit:
Some of my favorite holiday and Christmas traditions are:
- Cutting down a real Christmas tree: We used to go to a Christmas tree farm every single year by my house and yell “timber” as it fell from my dad sawing the stump. I love the smell of real Christmas trees!
- Baking: My mom and I always make our secret recipe of Scandinavian Bars and Christmas Sugar Cookies to deliver to friends
- Decorating: I love adding ornaments to the tree with Christmas music on. Looking at each ornament always brings back childhood memories, as my brother and I would get a new one each year! The ornament always had the year and our name engraved and it was always related to something we were super interested in at the time (mine were always ballerinas, ballet shoes etc, and my brothers were always basketball, soccer, golf, etc.)
- Advent Calendar: This is a given, who doesn’t love a chocolate a day?!
- Opening one gift of our choice on Christmas Eve: My brother and I always chose one gift to open before Santa arrived 😉
- Watching Christmas movies: Specifically, a Christmas Story (Ralphie is one of our favorites)
- Driving around looking at Christmas lights: This is one my boyfriend and I have been doing together the last couple years! We’ll go out to dinner to our favorite place and then get cozy and drive around looking at the best houses in town.
- Spending time with family: It’s fun to spend quality time with extended family during this time!
A new tradition I want to adopt is opening matching Christmas PJ’s (if my boyfriend will let me haha) on December 1st so we can enjoy them the entire month! I’d love to hear YOUR traditions. I’m always looking for new ones to adopt! Feel free to message me on Instagram 🙂
ON THE 12TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS, TOREY’S TREASURES IS GIVING AWAY….
- 2 roundtrip airline tickets from Alaska Airlines
Follow the simple prompts below to enter to win 2 roundtrip airfare tickets within the U.S. from Alaska Airlines! This giveaway runs for 24 hours and the winner will be announced on 12/13 on this post within the Rafflecopter box and on Instagram. Good luck!!