Click the image below to shop my look:
As you can see, this year my boyfriend and I traded in the snow for the sand (last year in Lake Tahoe and this year here in Santa Barbara) to ring in the new year and couldn’t be happier!! 🙂 We decided last minute to pack up a picnic with some yummy appetizers, grab mini bottles of champs, throw on beanies and jackets, and chase the sunset. It was such a memorable experience and I’m so happy we are able to celebrate another year by each other’s sides! 🙂
Before I move on and talk about this year, wow, what a blessed year 2017 has been…
- Many trips with my boyfriend including Lake Tahoe, Sedona, Mexico, San Francisco, Catalina Island, and many more countless weekend trips from Phoenix back to Santa Barbara (hello long distance relationship!)
- I celebrated my 28th birthday (and shared 28 things you may not know about me)
- I also feel fortunate to have been invited to my very first #rStheCon in Dallas where I met so many of my blogging friends and amazing brands AND was invited to become part of the Propel Water fitness team where I met more of my best fitness blogging babes! I ended up traveling to Cabo, Mexico with my blogging friend Molly, and attend my very first New York Fashion Week with my blogging friend Lindsey! I also was fortunate enough to be invited by Lole to attend their Lole White Tour in Toronto, Canada! What an adventure 🙂
- I bought my very first big girl dream car 😉
- And I hosted my first ever 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways here on Torey’s Treasures where I collaborated with a major dream brand, Alaska Airlines!
Of course with all of these ups and highlights this year, there are always lows, like struggles, stress, personal challenges, etc, that comes with life. Everyone experiences them, including me, and that’s just life. Please remember that when you see my Instagram or blog with all of my highlights…
In 2016’s post and in 2017’s post I talked a lot about how I am not necessarily a fan of resolutions for many reasons. They’re usually not attainable and why wait until January 1st to set a goal? Don’t get me wrong, this time of year is of course a great reminder for everyone that it’s a fresh start, a clean slate, and a new chance to check some things off your list, but I’m a huge fan of self-improvement and positivity throughout the entire year. I’m constantly trying to find ways to improve myself personally- physically, mentally, emotionally, and of course there are many goals I have set for my work/blog in the coming year! I am vowing to myself to use The Five Minute Journal daily which I’ve heard incredible things about, and is supposed to be a happier you in just 5 minutes a day!
I reached out to YOU on Instagram to find out what content you’d like to see more of in 2018! Thank you for those who submitted your input via the poll as well as messaged me! I’m taking all of your suggestions seriously and can’t wait to share the new content in the upcoming months with you! I also asked YOU on Instagram what you do to prepare for the new year and what you find helpful as you look ahead! You all sent me a ton of great ideas and I’m happy to share them today:
- “Make a vision board for the new year with goals and what I aspire to accomplish.” (I’m such a visual person, this is a great idea!)
- “Make a family mantra for the household.” (I’ve heard mantras becoming so popular, love that!)
- “Work smarter not harder .” (I love this and so true!)
- “I used to create resolutions but then if I broke one I felt like I failed. Now I goal set because there is always room for growth and improvement to achieve what I’ve set.” (You go girl!)
Cheers to 2018 my friends! I’d love to hear what you are planning on doing for 2018! As always, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support, encouragement, and love here on Torey’s Treasures! Because of you I’m able to create what I love to do and share it with all of you! Thank you… I’m wishing you the best success, laughter, love and great health this year in 2018!