With the new year brings new opportunities for all of us to “start fresh” and begin 2017 on the right foot. Personally, I like to try and get organized, refreshed, and set goals throughout the year (see posts here and here), however, today I’m sharing 5 ways you can kick start your year on a fresh note with good vibes!
1. Clean out your closet + donate clothes: It’s important to only keep pieces in your closet that fit you right and that make you feel great! Donate a couple bags of clothing/shoes to give back and recharge. There’s nothing that feels better than having an organized closet with only my favorite pieces within arms reach. (This has been on my personal to-do list since I started Christmas break. Unfortunately my break came and went quickly, so this weekend it’s supposed to rain and I’ll be locking myself inside to accomplish this task.)
2. Splurge on your skincare: Start caring and investing in your skin now, before it’s too late! Last year I started taking my skincare routine seriously, which has been life changing (seriously!), so I’m all about investing in quality products, like my favorite brand TULA. Definitely browse my morning and night skincare routine if this is something you’ve been wanting to try but don’t know where to start. I highly recommend trying out the Discovery Kit to receive mini bottles of their most popular and best reviewed products then purchase full sized products once you know what you love and want! You can also receive 15% off + free shipping on any TULA purchase using code NEWYEAR15 at checkout!!
3. Get yourself a planner: I personally LOVE the idea of a physical 2017 planner I’m able to carry from school to home because I consider myself to be “old school” and write everything down. I need one place where I can refer back to everything important I’ve ever written down. This includes daily, weekly, and monthly plans and goals! I like to to see the big picture with a yearly planner but also prefer to see my daily schedule. So figure out what format works best for you and use it! (My brother got me this success and life planner for Christmas which looks awesome.)
4. Write thank you notes: After the holiday madness, it’s always nice to take a moment to show your gratitude for those around you. Like I mentioned above, I’m pretty old school, and no matter what, I always write thank you notes after Christmas and my birthday!
5. Read a good motivational book: Whether you’re into reading or listening to audio books, one of the best things you can do for your mind to kick it into high gear for the year is read an encouraging and motivational book. I have a 45 minute commute to the school I teach at, so I take that time every morning and afternoon to listen to podcasts or a book. This book was one of my favorite self-help books that I think everyone should read, and I’m looking forward to this book which I’ve heard amazing things about!
I hope these 5 tips help you start out the year feeling refreshed, organized, and ready to take on 2017! 🙂