CLICK TO SHOP THE POST:
TGIF friends… s-m-i-l-e it’s the weekend 🙂
I’m consistently receiving comments on Instagram @toreystreasures about my positive attitude and bubbly personality so decided today’s post is dedicated to 5 things I do to stay positive on a daily basis. Let me preface this by saying I’m not trained in this area, and am certainly not an expert, but I do practice the following strategies daily. They’ve been working for me so I’m happy to share with you!
There’s really no magic answer to always staying positive, but I will tell you this: I try and start and end each day on a positive note…
- I make my bed every morning at 5:30am: literally. I’m talking right away, the second I roll out of bed, even before my morning coffee is made! I may be a zombie doing it, but then once I finish, I feel much more prepared, organized, and accomplished for the day. There’s no better feeling then coming home at dinner time, exhausted, worn out, and stressed, then to see your bed made looking like a bed of clouds (mine is all white). It makes it that much more amazing to get into a made bed at the end of the day and pulling the cold sheets on top of you.
- I work out: I’m an active person, I love working out, and I love the accomplished feeling afterwards. In all honesty, I love to eat, especially sweets, so working out doesn’t make me feel as guilty 😉 My day never feels complete until I’ve finished a workout. I know hitting up the gym or going to a fitness class isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but even going for a neighborhood walk can boost your mood.
- I always try to look on the bright side of things: Maybe that’s just my nature, but I always try and find the silver lining in any situation. I always ask myself to look for the positive, even if it’s small, in any situation. Even laughing a little at yourself can make light of any situation.
- Meditate or Journal: I used to meditate daily, and have kind of gotten out of the groove. I told myself I’d get back into it with the Headspace app which I love. I also have The 5 minute Journal and have been meaning to start this in the mornings. I’ve heard amazing things about the journal and it essentially is a happier and more positive you in 5 minutes!
- Doing something for others: Sometimes it’s the little things, like helping someone out, smiling at someone, sending a handwritten card in the mail, or complimenting a significant other on their strengths can help them, which in turn helps you. Seeing and feeling others gratitude can in turn help you feel gratitude.
What things do you do to stay positive?! I’d absolutely love to hear 🙂