First things first…HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! My boyfriend and I are ringing in 2016 in Park City, Utah, where it is absolutely breathtakingly (pun intended) beautiful! It’s just about time for us to hit the slopes and shred the fresh powder 😉 but before we go, I’ll leave you with a couple thoughts…
I LOVE the idea of self-improvement or self-betterment, however, what I’m not the biggest fan of is a New Year’s Resolution for a couple reasons. First, why wait until the new year to start setting goals and reaching them for yourself?! The time to start bettering yourself is right NOW. I am constantly setting goals for myself, daily, weekly, and annually. In addition, it’s easy to create a resolution or goal for yourself, but sticking with it the entire year is pretty difficult. You either “forget”, “don’t make time for it”, or your goal can simply fall by the wayside because it is too “general”, and there has been no implementation of practical steps to reach your goal. Essentially, your results will only be as good as your plan!
For this reason, in order to be successful, it’s important to set realistic, attainable, yet still challenging goals for yourself. I’ve come up with 6 ideas on developing a plan to reach your goals that will work well and take you to the finish line, strong:
- Develop the right plan for you: Develop a plan around your strengths, whether it be detail oriented or not, depending on who you are as a person.
- Establish times to spend on it: It might be every Sunday night, or it might be first thing daily for 20 minutes. Whatever the time and day may be, set it, and do it then.
- Keep a journal: Take notes and put down your ideas and thoughts. Use the information you have written down for further reflection.
- Reflect: Create time for this, to figure out what you have learned, and what you have done each day to reach your goals. This will in turn show you the significance of your goals.
- Set goals: Keep in mind that the plan is the roadmap for how you are going to achieve and reach your goals. Learning how to set goals and learning how to master them is an important step you must take.
- Act on your plan: Successful people take action. Successful people just do it. Successful people work the plan they have created. If your plan is good, your results (and goals) can be absolutely amazing!
I’m still working on creating my plan and my goals, which takes some time to produce, but I will keep you updated as soon as it has been done. I will say however, that I am constantly working on improving myself mentally, physically, and emotionally, in any way possible. What are some of your goals and resolutions for 2016? I’d love to hear from you! 🙂