PANTS: Alo // TOP: Zella (on sale for $22 + comes in white) // SPORTS BRA: Zella (only $34) // SUNGLASSES: Karen Walker c/o Ditto (get one month free using code TOREYSTREASURES at checkout!) // SHOES: Nike here or here
Although I workout daily, and stay consistent every week, I have been finding it difficult to curate “fitness” related posts on Torey’s Treasures, so I thought I’d get the ball rolling since it’s only appropriate today that it’s #workoutwednesday! I wanted to share the reasons why I workout and I wanted to share the many different types of workouts I do… (p.s. would you like to see more of these posts?)
Why do I workout?!
- I absolutely LOVE sweets + love to eat (my nightly sweet tooth + weekend brunches always get the best of me)! Essentially, I need to keep my metabolism rolling because let’s be real, I’m only getting older. So, the more I workout, the more I feel like I can eat 😉
- I LOVE the feeling of sweating + feeling accomplished! I feel like the more sweat I drip, the harder I’ve worked out, and essentially, the more calories I’ve burned.
- I LOVE fitness apparel that is in stores these days… especially Lululemon, Zella, and Alo. When I’m not teaching or not taking blog photos, you can most likely find me in my workout apparel. It’s extremely comfortable and actually super chic (hence, the term athleisure) which is a win- win in my book!
What type of workouts do I do!?
- I pack my gym or workout clothes with me when I leave the house in the morning so I have no excuse not to workout. Therefore, I complete a workout a day after school and before dinner! On weekends, I prefer to wake up early and get my workout out of the way!
- This is a peak into what my typical workout schedule looks like weekly (with some leeway):
- Monday: Spin Class (cardio)
- Tuesday: Body Pump Class (strength + weight training)
- Wednesday: HIIT (high intensity interval training) OR Corepower Yoga (sculpt class- hot yoga + weight training)
- Thursday: Body Pump Class (strength + weight training)
- Friday: Spin Class (cardio)
- Saturday: Beach Workout-HIIT (high intensity interval training)
- Sunday: Body Pump Class OR Corepower Yoga (sculpt class- hot yoga + weights)
- As you can tell, I LOVE to take classes! They keep me highly motivated, I push myself harder, and it keeps me on track and held accountable for my workout!
- I make sure I mix up my workouts so I’m not completing the same workout back to back. I also make sure I take 2 of the same classes per week to continue to build up strength and endurance!
I’d love to hear what type of workouts you love to complete and what keeps you motivated!? Also…would you be interested in me continuing some more “fitness” or “wellness” related posts to maintaining a health and balanced lifestyle!? Let me know in the comments… 🙂
SHOP THE POST: